- It was the last week of summer camps for Smarty. She enjoyed her AI & Machine Learning class with Digital Media Academy. More on that in a separate post.
- I am happy that the week is over because it was exhausting to drive Smarty back and forth to Stanford every day. It's a good thing that I work in Palo Alto anyway, so it was on my way.
- We only got home at 5:30 pm every day, and Smarty is saying that she is looking forward to school when she can come home earlier than that. She still has one more week to enjoy free time at home before her school starts, but she will have her orientation on Thursday.
- Smarty was asked to help out with new students' orientation next Friday in an email addressed to her school's student leaders. She was flattered that she was included in that list. According to her, other students on that list are "simply amazing", and she is looking forward enthusiastically to being able to meet her new schoolmates next Friday.
- This week, Smarty re-read through multiple books in Lorien series by Pittacus Lore. It's one of her current favorite series. I read We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. It is young adult fiction and I was contemplating giving it to Smarty until I got close to the end and discovered that some characters were actually ghosts. Um... no. Neither of us enjoys books that involve supernatural characters as a literary device.
How was your week?