A Lego Wand “Tutorial”Smarty (age 7) appeared with her Lego magic wand when my husband and I were sitting outside. She was very proud of her Lego creation and insisted on disassembling it later and showing me how she put it together. This was not a blog-driven project (actually, it never is in our house, since Smarty has no idea that I blog), so excuse the mess in her room – consider it a “candid” photo tutorial :)
1. Assemble your pieces.Clearly we have a lot of loose Lego bricks, since Smarty had no problems finding colorful pieces for the top of her wand. She wanted her wand to have a rainbow color for “good spells” and a “fiery phoenix” red core.
2. Make the “top” of the wandPut your colorful tiles on top on 2x8 white pieces.
3. Make the “core” of the wand.Connect red 2x8 thin pieces into an H shape and then put your white pieces in the middle of H:
4. Stabilize the back of the wandConnect the white pieces with “2x8” thin pieces to keep your wand together. Smarty alternated red and brown pieces to add “wood” to her wand.
5. PlayTa-da! Your wand is ready to play. Smarty wants to take it with her when she goes out as a witch on Halloween. I am not so sure knowing her gift for losing things, but at least she can practice her spells at home.
The Magic of Lego Bricks
Lego Egg Racers
How to Make a Lego Drawbot
Follow my Pinterest board Lego
Follow Natalie Planet Smarty Pants's board Lego on Pinterest.