- It was a Labor Day weekend and we all enjoyed our trip to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks.
- We are still adjusting to the school schedule. Smarty was acting tired and grumpy throughout the week - I think she is in a growth spurt because she is also eating a lot more than usual.
- Smarty's Green Team (the club where she is a vice-president) had their first "planting day". In fact, it was more of a weeding day but Smarty really enjoyed it and was proud of how much they've done in about 2 hours.
- We went to see Wicked, a touring Broadway production, on Thursday. Smarty knew nothing about the plot and I had to tell her that the story would end well because she was getting quite emotional about the direction the play was taking. We all enjoyed it but we only came back close to 11 am, which did not improve her disposition on Friday morning.
- We are both reading the same book for a change - A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher. Smarty is well ahead of me but I am taking my time to enjoy this book.
How was your book?