- It was the second full week of school, and Smarty is settling down back to the routine.
- We put in a desk in Smarty's room to give her more space to spread out her books and papers and get her out of her habit of doing her homework on the floor.
- The amount of homework so far was reasonable (about an hour a day) except on one day when Smarty postponed her calculus homework and ended up spending two and a half hours just on calculus. It turned out later that she was not required to solve each problem in three ways (analytically, graphically, and as a table). Hopefully, she is learning to manage her time better and ask clarifying questions if something seems too big to handle.
- Last weekend, we went to see Beauty and the Beast live production in the forest theater in Carmel with our friends. We all enjoyed the show and dinner afterward.
- Smarty was elected a vice-president of her school's "green team". She enjoyed participating in this ecology club last year and they already planned their first gardening session which will take place next Thursday.
- I had a relaxed week at work because it was a week of our annual conference in San Francisco and a lot of people were out. Of course, it means that the next week will be very busy but, at least, it will also be a short week.
- Smarty had her first "mid-term" testing since she got her black belt, so she has now started a long climb towards black belt second rank. She still enjoys taekwondo and pushes herself really hard during practices.
- Smarty was again stuck on re-reads this week. I read two new books (due to lower load levels at work). The first one was The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews. I did not care for this book at all and hated its stilted efforts at storytelling. I only finished it because it was mercifully short. Luckily, the second book, A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks was delightful even though I spent half an hour crying over its ending.
How was your week?
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, and this post contains Amazon affiliate links.