- The last week of summer vacation was a relaxed one. I could work from home one day and came back early most of the week except on Friday when I had an exhausting all-day offsite.
- On Tuesday, Smarty went to school to take her Precalculus final. She surprised me by getting a solid A (96%) on the first try. Somehow I keep underestimating her :) We celebrated her A (and the end of summer) by going to our favorite sushi restaurant.
- I finally heard back from a big famous company. They do want to hire me, and I am going to have a conversation with a hiring manager next week. However, the role is not what I wanted, so I don't think I will be going. However, it does not hurt to know more.
- Smarty had her orientation and class selection on Thursday. She is pretty happy with her schedule, and she is looking forward to her first day of school on Monday. More on her plans for this year will be in my Monday post.
- On Friday, Smarty was back to school again to welcome new students. It seems that the middle school pool of local students is growing rapidly creating a pipeline for high school in future years. However, Smarty did not see many local students on Friday - it looks like this year the high school will still be predominantly composed of foreign students from China and Vietnam. We will see how this is going to work out but last year Smarty was the only local student in her marine biology class and did not mind that.
- We survived a huge heatwave by mostly staying inside in an air-conditioned house. Smarty went to the pool on Monday and Tuesday with her best friend but his school started back on Wednesday. She is looking forward to seeing him today when we do a 2-family Escape the Room event with him and his Mom and step Dad.
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, and this post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Smarty enjoyed The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen this week. I read Infinite Powers: How Calculus Reveals the Secrets of the Universe by Steven Strogatz. I really liked this book and now I am after Smarty asking her to read it to get excited about her calculus class. Well, she is excited about it anyway, but still...
How was your week?