- It was a "reunion week" as I picked my family up at SFO airport on Monday night.
- Most of the week was a recovery from jet lag for Smarty but now she has fully adjusted to our time zone. My husband is "getting there".
- My other interview with a famous company went well, but I really don't see myself leaving at the moment, especially since I just got a nice raise and a fat packet of stock options (vesting over 3 years) to go with it. I do love my job and my coworkers, so I am not really motivated to switch.
- My family narrowly missed a heat wave in Europe only to battle it here. At least we have an A/C and this week it has certainly been busy.
- I took a day off work on Wednesday to spend some time with Smarty. It is so nice to have my daughter back and to be able to chat about books and other things. So far she is not in the "grumpy teenager" phase and enjoys spending time with us.
- Smarty read so many books on her Kindle that I lost track of them. One of the rare non-fantasy books that she read was Lord of the Flies. I am finishing the third book of Magemother - too bad that interesting and insightful advice in this book is offered by the main "baddie" of the book :)
How was your week?
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, and this post contains Amazon affiliate links.