- Smarty and her Dad are enjoying their first week in Germany. The weather is cooperating so far, and they are currently visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Cologne.
- Smarty had a blast seeing her German friends, three sisters who are now 13, 11, and 9. They all speak fluent English since their Mom is an English teacher.
- In the meantime, I had an interview with a famous company which I will not name :) I don't really want to switch jobs at the moment, but the area they are hiring for is very interesting (AI and big data), so we will see what happens next.
- I enjoyed my job this week - we have a couple of new Senior Directors, and I had spent some time with both of them this week. It's good to have fresh ideas in the areas where we are stuck. I am also busy preparing an offsite for one of my programs.
- Smarty informed me on the phone that she is really enjoying Magisterium series by Holly Black. I have finished the second book in Magemother series by Austin J. Bailey, because I promised Smarty that I will finish all three books before she comes back. Just like Empire Strikes Back, the second book ended on the cliffhanger, so I just have to read the third book now, even though I have a pretty good idea of how it will end.
- I am looking forward to the weekend on my own - I hope to have both business and pleasure by catching up with work, hauling some bags to Goodwill, reading, and going to the pool.
How was your week?