Highlights of the Week
- The biggest highlight, of course, is that the school is over, and Smarty is officially on summer break :)
- Smarty visited her old school on Thursday to meet up with her favorite teacher (a science teacher) and had a chance to see some of her old classmates. She came home somewhat emotional, missing the ease and fun and friendships that she had there. However, she still believes that her new school is better for her.
- On Friday, I helped my big girl pack for her first overnight camp, and today she is flying to Colorado on her own to spend a week at Yunasa. I hope that she enjoys this experience and that she will learn a thing or two about managing her emotions and calming her busy mind.
- Smarty spent her first two days of vacation reading, going swimming, watching YouTube science videos, and, for some strange reason, playing Prodigy game with an excuse of improving her math speed. Obviously, even 8th grade Prodigy is too easy for her, but she is enjoying it just the same.
- I am not sure what Smarty was reading, but I think she was enjoying her favorite books - this is her way to calm her mind before a jump into an unknown of a week away at camp. I randomly picked The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher from my Kindle reading queue, and I am enjoying it very much even though the book is quite long, and it's hard to keep to my schedule of reading one book a day.
How was your week?