- It was a week of a high school STEM camp for Smarty in a local community college. She enjoyed it quite a bit despite not being able to connect to other kids in her classes (more on this in a separate post)
- Smarty's favorite part of the camp was genetically modifying E. coli bacteria to resist a specific antibiotic and to glow under UV light.
- My least favorite part of the camp was driving through morning and afternoon rush hour traffic. Despite summer, the traffic was still really bad in the morning, and I am grateful that I usually don't drive to work between 8 am and 9 am.
- At home, Smarty mostly watched her favorite YouTube channels (some cooking channels and Good Mythical Morning), but she also worked on a birthday gift for her father and carried on with her Precalculus. She is pretty close to being done and keeps telling me how much she loves trigonometry topics.
- We caught up with recorded So You Think You Can Dance episodes and looking forward to the shift from auditions to the next step of the show.
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, and this post contains Amazon affiliate links.
I am actually not sure what Smarty is reading at the moment, but she talked me into reading Magemother by Austin J. Bailey. This is one of her favorite series. I enjoyed Book 1 quite a bit, but Smarty was blown away with how I could predict what happens next, so it gave us a lot of opportunities to talk about attentive reading, because the clues were widely available in the text.
How was your week?