- It was the last full week of school for Smarty. Next week she has just three short days of finals. Unless something completely unforeseen happens, she is all set to finish this school year with all As.
- On Memorial Day, Smarty had a fun field trip with her Girls Up group to an Ice Cream Museum in San Francisco. She loved the museum, and a giant pool of sprinkles (not real sprinkles) was her favorite part.
- Smarty enjoyed her last week of school where students shared a lot of their work in art and drama classes. Smarty's media studies class shared their best videos, there were special performances from music classes, and a drama class showed the production of Hashtag Romeo. It's reassuring to know that Smarty can pursue a lot of different avenues in high school for creative expression.
- Our community pool opened last weekend, and Smarty made sure to make good use of it. She is looking forward to spending a lot of time there during her free summer days.
- We had a family from Smarty's school over for dinner. We enjoyed getting to know them better and hoping that the kids (they have an 11 year old girl and a 10 year old boy) will get a chance to meet up this summer. Smarty's new friend is very intelligent and creative, but calmer than our fiery Smarty, so they complement each other quite well.
- This week, Smarty read and enjoyed, The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee. I am reading issues of New Scientist magazines that I missed and a medical detective story A Case of Need by Michael Crighton.
How was your week?