Before Smarty left, I asked her to write a list of things she wants to do this summer. Here is her list:
... This summer I want...
- To read 5 new nonfiction books.
- To submit a project for the Khan Academy summer program.
- To finish at least 50 pages of my book.
- To finish ALEKS pre-calc
- To be able to ride my bike to Matt’s house
- To practice my Spanish
- To help out with taekwondo at least 5 times
- To create a plan for my room
- To visit my friends
- To become more independent
- To learn to cook 5 dishes
I hope that Smarty will have an opportunity to do all these things on her list. After all, her summer has just begun and there is still so much of it is waiting for her once she comes back from her first sleepaway camp ever.
What are your kids planning for this summer?