Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, and this post contains Amazon affiliate links.
- I am almost over my cold, my Chinese visa arrived on time, and I am looking forward to the trip to China next week. Smarty and my husband are very jealous. I will miss them, and I am not really digging a long flight, but I will try and make the best of my time there.
- Smarty had a pretty relaxed week in school - not a lot of homework and the feeling of getting close to the end of the year is clearly in the air.
- She attended Decision Day in her school where their seniors declared the colleges they are going to. She is now clearly excited about the thought that in four years she will be the one declaring her college, and she seems a lot more comfortable with the idea of actually going away to college than she was just a few months ago. She still wants to be close enough to come home for weekends though :)
- Smarty got into "hot water" with us for carrying a half-empty glass lunch container for weeks in her backpack and growing quite a science experiment there. Now she is required to fully empty all her bags every day when coming home and repacking them for the next day. We really wish she would pay more attention to her belongings!
- Smarty is working on a special piece of art in her art class to submit for an art show in June. All students who attended an entire year of an art school are eligible for the show, but they only want paintings/pictures (not sculptures), and Smarty is not happy with any of her pictures enough to submit them to the show. The one she is thinking for the show sounds pretty promising.
- This week, Smarty revisited Connie Willis series about time travel - Doomsday Book, Blackout, and All Clear. The first takes place during The Great Plague, and two others are set during WWII. I also traveled (somewhat further) back in time and also to England reading one of The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peter, The Summer of the Danes.
How was your week?