- We had another week of unusually cold weather, but it started to improve towards the week's end.
- Smarty had a science fair in school and won the first place in life science category with her aquaponics project. She is very happy that she has one less project to worry about - there is still quite a lot of pressure to complete projects in other subjects and to prepare for finals in the first week of June.
- One of my big projects at work is kind of "done", and I am meeting with my boss in early June to take on something new. Not that I don't have anything else to do, but I like the challenge of a brand new project :)
- My husband booked travel to Germany, so our summer is hopefully "locked and loaded". The next task is to finalize our trip to Colorado in June - to decide what we want to see and do in 3.5 days that we will spend there.
- Smarty spent a lot of time this week watching YouTube videos on her new interest, neural networks. She is certainly looking forward to summer and more time to just chill and pursue her own interests. She also can't wait for our community pool to open this weekend - too bad that it might be too cold to actually go there this weekend.
- This week, I was reading through another Brother Cadfael novel by Ellis Peters, The Leper of St. Giles. I am also keeping up with our New Scientist subscription that has so many interesting articles every issue - I love being able to discuss them with Smarty.
- Smarty did not read anything new this week, she is back in her "favorite books" mode. I am sure she will be reading a lot more while school is out. She has only 7 more days left, and we are all looking forward to summer!
How was your week?