- It was an unusually wet and cold week for this time of the year - Smarty pointed out that we certainly have climate change, because having this much rain in May is practically unheard of here.
- I have handed over my cruiser bike to Smarty, and she is learning to ride it. It's still a little big for her, but she seems to like it, and perhaps she can just transition to this bike from her bike that is way too small for her.
- Smarty is wrapping up her science fair project and is looking forward to a science fair next Tuesday. The school year is getting so close to being over!
- My husband had to work late, because he is participating in a hackathon at work. Smarty and I enjoyed "mama-daughter time" going for walks and watching Jeopardy episodes on Netflix.
- It was the last week of sailing for Smarty. They were almost rained out, but they managed to get out, after all, and Smarty was the only one who did not capsize while skippering her boat. She said that she would love to do more sailing over the summer and do sailing again next year if her school offers it.
- Smarty spent her free time watching YouTube channels - she likes Vsauce and Smarter Every Day channels. I spent way too much time reading All Clear by Connie Willis. It's a second part of a 2-book series about time traveling historians trapped in WWII, and I have to say that the second book was much better than the first one, and I am glad I stuck with it.
How was your week?