- Smarty had her next belt level testing this week. She was very nervous, because she is struggling with one of the hand board breaks, but she nailed it in testing and received the last belt before the black belt. She still hopes to get her black belt in June even though she will not be there for an actual belt testing, so she will have to go to a make up test and miss the ceremony.
- We celebrated Easter/Passover last week. Smarty still loves a good old egg hunt and getting candy.
- It was a short week of school for Smarty as her school had a staff development day on Friday. She really needed an extra day off as a reward for her hard work this term so far. Unfortunately, both of us had to be in the office, so she spent her whole day reading. She is a lot more relaxed at the moment with all projects either on track or completed, and I hope that May will be a more relaxed month for her.
- I, unfortunately, caught my husband's cold, so we canceled our plans for this weekend and we are taking it easy. I have travel coming up, so I hope to be fully recovered by then.
- Smarty is reading through long and intense Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks. I really enjoyed Pastwatch by Orson Scott Card that poses an interesting what if scenario about Spanish conquest of the New World.
How was your week?