- Smarty going skiing and seeing falling snow for the very first time.
- Getting our taxes done and having a refund for the first time in the last 3 or 4 years.
- Smarty rising to new challenges of handling multiple projects and maintaining her 4.0 GPA.
- Getting a nice bonus at work.
- Smarty taking third place for 8th grade in Northern California Science Bee competition.
- Lots of rain and some beautiful rainbows. Our mountains looking like New Zealand - green and lush.
- Reading a lot of good books and discussing them with Smarty.
- Enjoying The Big Family Cooking Showdown on Netflix.
- Smarty really liking Precalculus and making good progress in her online class.
- Playing through Diablo video game with my husband in the evenings.
- Having the first barbecue of the year on the weekend when it did not rain.
- Finally seeing Bohemian Rhapsody (we got it on DVD) and listening to a lot of Queen songs.
- Spending time with friends.
The word of the month is Relax. For once, the month starts with a well-deserved break for all of us, and we hope to all enjoy our vacation. We would like to stay in a relaxed mood at home and ensure that Smarty has enough downtime and time with her friends. We need to finalize our summer plans, so I can relax about that as well. We hope that the weather will favor more hiking trips on weekends and more time spent outside reading, playing, and talking. We are also looking forward to Easter and Passover that pretty much come together this year. Yes, Smarty still wants an egg hunt :)
What are your goals for April?