1. Protect an EggThis engineering project is great for Easter time. Last year, my daughter devised several methods to protect an egg from being dropped from the height using materials from our recyclables bin.
2. Engineer a BoatDo you have access to a pool or a creek? Try to construct boats from different materials and test them for their sea worthiness. From KC Edventures.
3. Build a BridgeAdventures in Mommydom skillfully combined engineering and history by rebuilding Hellespont bridge
4. Experiment With Funnels and TubesMake your own waterworks in the backyard and experiment with tubes and funnels. From Two Big Two Little.
5. Design Your Own “Kid Wash”OK, this is certainly for parents and big kids, but this looks so much fun! Kid wash tutorial is from Six Sisters Stuff
6. Launch a Soda Bottle RocketCan baking soda and vinegar serve as a rocket fuel? Apparently they can, even when it’s cold outside. A soda bottle rocket from Lemon Lime Adventures.
7. Try Another Way to Launch RocketsIn this design, the rocket is launched by a bike pump! If you have a good seal, this rocket can fly really high! Bottle rocket from Science Sparks.
8. Why Launch a Rocket? Launch a Car!Build this amazing rocket-powered Lego car with a tutorial from Frugal Fun for Boys
9. Build Ramps and RoadsAnother activity for car enthusiasts: design ramps and roads with this tutorial from Buggy and Buddy.
10. Make a Backyard Ball RunTurn your backyard into a giant ball run with this idea from And Next Comes L.
11. Build a FortTry three summer fort building ideas from Tinkerlab. If you have way too many milk jugs, you might even build an igloo!
12. Grow a FortStart early in spring and watch this tepee turn into a green fort that also doubles as a healthy snack bar! Green bean teepee tutorial from Happiness is Homemade.
More Engineering For Kids?
- Lego Egg Racers
- Build a Leprechaun Trap
- Build a Roller Coaster
- Build a Candy Climbing Structure
- Build a Boat that Floats
Never Miss a Post
Enter KBN Giveaway
Anyone could use some extra cash to spend this spring! Win one of THREE $500 cash prizes directly in your paypal account! This giveaway is open internationally. You must be 18+ years old to enter. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Please see detailed terms and conditions below the giveaway for more infoa Rafflecopter giveaway
Check Out Spring Posts by Other KBN Bloggers
Great activities for spring and Easter from amazing kid bloggers around the world!