Yet again I am joining my friends from Kid Blogger Network in a big giveaway and in sharing ideas that could be interesting for parents and caregivers looking for fun activities to do with their kids. This time around the theme is Christmas! As all of us are considering what gifts to buy and to make for our friends and family, I thought to share some amazing gifts that can be done with paper and cardboard.
1. Paper Winter VillageMy husband made this paper winter village over several years painstakingly designing and cutting each house by hand. Since now we have a paper cutting machine (Silhouette Portrait), we are planning to give Christmas houses to our closest friends as a special Christmas gift – from Planet Smarty Pants.
2. Paper Building BlocksDelight preschoolers and older kids by building colorful paper building blocks from construction paper – from Babble Dabble Do
3. School From a ShoeboxRepurpose a shoebox to make this mini-classroom for Lego or Playmobil characters – guaranteed to entertain your children for longer than a store-bought version – from MollyMoo.
4. Paper Mache BowlsMake beautiful paper mache bowls for small items or jewelry – from Happy Hooligans
5. Play Structure from Recycled NewspaperSurprise your kids with a play structure made out of recycled newspapers… or build it with them! – from Inner Child Fun.
6. Cardbox DollhouseWhy buy a dollhouse when you can build your own exactly to order. Older kids can even build cardboard dollhouse on their own for their younger siblings – from Filth Wizardry.
7. Cardboard Box Puppet TheaterMy husband made this cardboard table top puppet theater several years ago, and it is still in active use. Great for playing out the Nativity story – from Planet Smarty Pants.
8. Paper BeadsMake your own paper beads to use in bracelets or necklaces. Great tutorial for easy DIY paper beads from Red Ted Art.
9. Paper FlowerIf you have a book that you plan to recycle, transform it into a paper flower – from Craftside
10. Make a DIY Mirror FrameMake your mirror frame or photo frame special with this decoupage project from Moms and Crafters.
11. Paper BraceletsUse your kids process art and make beautiful and unique paper bracelets from Picklebums.
12. Make a Paper OrnamentThis paper ball ornament is pretty enough to give as a present or use in your own house – from Serious Whims.
More Homemade Gift Ideas?Follow my Pinterest board Homemade
Follow Natalie Planet Smarty Pants's board Homemade on Pinterest.