1. Smarty already practiced pitching the tent in the backyard and was happy to help her Papa to pitch a tent on our site.
2. The camping site was very large, but clearly signed, and our 7 year old had a lot of freedom to explore it, especially since it was a company-sponsored outing, and everyone at the site was from my company. She loved being able to “roam” on her own.
3. We didn’t have “stay clean” expectations, and Smarty enjoyed climbing, touching and getting filthy dirty. She was also excited to have her first night at the fire and making her first s’mores. By the way, she didn’t like them and neither did we – so sticky!
4. Our site neighbors had a 6 year old, and Smarty quickly made a new friend. The girls spent hours playing house in this fairy ring of redwood trees. Of course, Smarty needed to have a library in her house…
5. This camping was a “luxury camping” in the sense that my company provided lunch and dinner, plus lots of activities for kids. Smarty was especially thrilled with a chance to ride a pony for the first time.
6. During the camp fire, rangers were talking about the wild life of redwood forests. In the morning we could observe some of this wildlife up close and personal.
Of course, Smarty loved her first camping experience and can’t wait to go again. I think we need a bigger tent though, since she was the only one having a restful night :)
More Outdoor Fun?Follow my Pinterest board Outdoor Fun
Follow Natalie Planet Smarty Pants's board Outdoor fun on Pinterest.