Icy Science From Planet Smarty Pants
In this ice volume and weight experiment we observed what will happen with ice when it melts – makes you think twice as to what will really happen if more ice melts in global warming.
Icy Play Ideas Around the WebHappy Hooligans has several terrific posts with Frozen theme, including this cool (literally!) idea for Elsa’s Hands.
2. JDaniel’s Mom continues Frozen theme with a fun icy sensory bin and frozen Olaf.
3. Almost Unschoolers had a series of different icy play ideas, but I especially liked this ice castle building challenge.
4. Painting with ice cubes never gets old. My Big Fat Happy Life made hers even more fun with star shaped ice molds.
5. Another classic is ice cream in a bag. We still have to try that one here. Buggy and Buddy gives a very detailed tutorial on how to make this icy treat which doubles up as a science experiment.
6. For all Star Wars enthusiasts out there Fun-a-Day made a fun take on rescuing Han Solo with her Star War Lego science experiment – I am glad that Lucas didn’t decide to use vinegar to free his character!
More Play Ideas for Kids 5+?Follow my Pinterest Board Play Ideas.
2014 After School Link Up Hosts
- The Educators' Spin On It
- Planet Smarty Pants
- Boy Mama Teacher Mama
- Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Mama Smiles
- Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
- The Measured Mom
- This Reading Mama
- What Do We Do All Day