Science on Planet Smarty PantsWe are looking forward to summer, to science summer camps and to having more time for longer and messier activities. We are ready to jump into summer science by returning to our favorites and trying out great ideas shared by other After School Link Up participants.
Featured Science Ideas1.Lemon Lime Adventures pulled some great science ideas for older kids into a round up. That bristle bot looks especially interesting!
2. Science Sparks linked up an amazing round up of baking soda experiments that go beyond a classic volcano experiment. She is also sharing a fun experiment of exploring muffling (or sound proofing) property of various materials.
3. My co-host Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational I shares a wonderful hands-on Greek water clock tutorial:
4. KC Edventures is sharing a wonderful outdoor Wizard Lab that can be both open-ended and guided depending on your child’s age and interests.
5. Finally, here is one of our favorite science activities of all times – separate two materials based on their properties:
More Science Activities?Follow my Pinterest science board.
2014 After School Link Up Hosts
- The Educators' Spin On It
- Planet Smarty Pants
- Boy Mama Teacher Mama
- Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Little Wonders' Days
- Mama Smiles
- Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
- The Measured Mom
- This Reading Mama
- What Do We Do All Day
Share Your After School WeekWe would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (Ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, home school or on the weekend!
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks! Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.