Last week on Planet Smarty PantsSince we are traveling this week, we were reading our Passover and Easter books. to be ready to come back to a holiday week. We did a fun “repeat” project to get in Passover mood – Smarty decorated Elijah’s Cup:
Passover is a holiday with a big feast, and this prompted me to look for After School posts where kids and parents are having fun in the kitchen. And this brings me to featured posts for this week.
Featured Posts – Kids in the Kitchen1. World of Learning has a terrific round up of kids’ cookbooks with international recipes. I am very excited about this post, because we love learning about other cultures and we love cooking. I am definitely going to get one of these cookbooks for Smarty as an Easter present!
2. I like the idea of a relatively simple “cupboard-clearing cake” shared by The Lady Prefers to Save. We don’t bake often, but if we do, I prefer “from scratch”recipe like this one.
3. I just had to include this Snack ideas for Kids from Kids Activities Blog, especially since I have a picky eater. Holly pulled together 8 terrific healthy snack ideas. My favorite is a traffic signal snack.
4. Even kids who know all their letters perfectly will enjoy this T is for Tree snack from Crystal & Co. It’s also really easy to do – a big plus in my book!
5. Of course, this round up would not be complete without Easter related food fun. B-Inspired Mama shares her recipe for Easter bunny pretzel treats, and it looks reasonably easy to do:
6. Finally, this “crafty recipe” is way too much for me, but I love the idea of it! Iced sugar cookie eggs are becoming a canvas for decorating them with food markers – an original idea of these Easter sugar cookies comes from Iced Baked Shoppe shared as a guest post on Moms and Munchkins.
2014 After School Link Up HostsThe Educators' Spin On It
Share Your After School WeekWe would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (Ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, home school or on the weekend!
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks! Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community. I am also linking my post to my favorite kid blogger link ups and share days.