Poetry Memorization Printables1. Wildflower Ramblings shares beautiful recitation cards that will help children memorize beautiful short poems.
2. Teach Beside Me shares 16 poetry memorization cards that can be used during calendar time.
3. Are We There Yet offers a set of Louis Stevenson’s Poems to read and color
Teaching Kids to Write Poetry4. Vicky Arnold gives great tips on introducing acrostic poetry to kids with a free printable to go with her post.
5. Teach Beside Me wrote a post on haiku poetry with kids – something that we so far failed to grasp here!
6. Afterschool Link Up co-host Measured Mom has a terrific post about writing color poems with kids. It made me want to get the books she recommends and try a color poem as soon as possible.
7. Another After School Link Up co-host Mama Smiles: Joyful Parenting shares name acrostic poems from her kids.
Poetry Books for Kids8. I am giving a lot of thought to my poetry book selections after daughter told me that poetry is boring.
9. Creekside Learning shares her favorite poetry books. We read only 2 out of her 10 selections!
10. What Do We Do All Day has an incredible variety of book lists. She also had an April Poetry Challenge going on her blog with beautiful poems to print and read. Here is her list of Poetry for a Diverse World.
Come Back Tomorrow for More Poetry
Tomorrow I will be sharing another poetry book that we discovered in April in the post for Poppins Book Nook. As a hint, this book has something to do with Poppins Book Nook theme of the month, which is Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. In the meantime, hop over to Poppins Book Nook and find out what everyone is sharing today!
More Books for Kids?Follow my Books Worth Reading Pinterest Board
2014 After School Link Up Hosts
- The Educators' Spin On It
- Planet Smarty Pants
- Boy Mama Teacher Mama
- Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Little Wonders' Days
- Mama Smiles
- Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
- The Measured Mom
- This Reading Mama
- What Do We Do All Day
Share Your After School WeekWe would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (Ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, home school or on the weekend!
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks! Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.