Celebrating Spring on Planet Smarty Pants
We have kicked off our gardening season last weekend by pulling weeds, cutting some of our dead flowers and preparing for new plants. We will be planting our summer garden next weekend when I come back from my business trip. We also took our traditional rainbow walk and enjoyed the beauty and the colors of early spring in Northern California.
Fabulous Plant Ideas from After School Link UpMany participants linked terrific ideas that are related to plants this week. I combined together creative ideas of plants in crafts and planting tips in my featured posts.
1. Buggy and Buddy created Alphabet Flowers to surprise her kids and sneak some alphabet and spelling knowledge in.
2. 3 Dinosaurs made wonderful Yarn Truffula Trees to go with The Lorax, which made me want to challenge my daughter to create her own fantasy plant.
3. Fantastic Fun and Learning used petals and stems from real flowers to create beautiful Spring Flower Butterflies.
4. Peace… but Not Quiet gives 5 Tips for Gardening with Kids including suggestions for great books to accompany your gardening projects.
5. Lemon Lime Adventures has several gardening posts including the one with a great plant journal printable for little scientists among us.
6. My co-host Mama Smiles: Joyful Parenting has suggestions for planting plants inside and a kid friendly introduction to plant biology.
2014 After School Link Up HostsThe Educators' Spin On It
For more spring resources follow my Spring Pinterest board.