Math on Planet Smarty PantsWe are very excited about upcoming Pi Day. All week I will be sharing both my own ideas and ideas from other kid bloggers on my blog and on my Facebook page. We spend a lot of time playing with math at home, and I shared some of the things we do earlier this year in my guest post on supplementing math curriculum at home for Teach Beside Me.
Math Ideas from After School Link UpEvery week I am finding some terrific hands-on ideas for teaching math concepts at home to elementary school students . Sometimes I feel we had more time to try them all, and I want to share some of my favorites with you.
1. We love Lego in our house, and I enjoyed reading about this creative Lego Challenge Math Activity from Buggy and Buddy (also includes a free Lego math printable).
2. Superheroes and Teacups is offering simple hands-on ways to help young children master money.
3. Sometimes math and art are intrinsically linked together, especially when it comes to geometry. I loved this colorful paper polyhedron from Relentlessly Fun, Surprisingly Educational.
4. What Do We Do All Day had another brilliant math-art idea – a skyline drawing of pi. A math geek in me admires this project so much!
5. I saw several multiplication tower variations on the blogs lately. Navigating By Joy tried several different ones, and it cracked me up that her daughter did her own version in Minecraft (I have my own emerging Minecraft lover here too!)
6. Finally, This Reading Mama shared my own guest post on her site with 10 Math Books for 10 Years of Life. I really enjoyed sharing our favorite math books with her readers!
2014 After School Link Up HostsThe Educators' Spin On It
More Math Resources for Children 5+Math Board with math activities and math games for children 5+ or my Preschool Math board.
Your TurnDo you find helping your children with math difficult? Why or why not?
I am sharing this post with my favorite kid blogger link ups and share days.
Share Your After School WeekWe would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (Ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, home school or on the weekend!
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks! In the next round up I plan to be featuring Spring ideas. Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.