Yet again I am joining with other kid bloggers to share accomplishments of the month and talk about plans for the next month. You can also join us at Mama Smiles Monthly Goals Link Up.
February 2014 Highlights
February was a busy month for us. Here are some of its highlights.
- As some of my loyal followers know, last year I went through a pretty grueling 6 month treatment for Hepatitis C. I finally took my “checkpoint test”, and now I am officially cured. I think I am going to celebrate by signing up to donate blood!
- My daughter and my husband are coming back today from a very exciting two week stay in Germany. They both really enjoyed this trip, and I am looking forward to the stories and the pictures.
- I had a fantastic trip to Año Nuevo State Park – one of several rookeries for gigantic elephant seals and other marine animals. It’s hard to get reservations for prime months, so I was lucky that my friends happened to have an extra ticket.
- I think we finally got through to Smarty’s teacher by having to go to a principal and asking to provide her with appropriate challenges in the classroom. I am looking forward to see these accommodations to go in effect in March.
- I spent a lot of long hours redesigning my blog and moving to Planet Smarty Pants, and I am pleased with the results. I am happy to see my readership increase and hoping that people find my information useful in their own efforts to nurture engaged thinkers.
March 2014 Goals
- Work. A business trip to Israel.
- Health. Exercise twice a week, walk during lunch break, a meatless dish once a week.
- Being a good partner. Find a “child sitter”! – this goal “slipped” from February
- Home improvement. Declutter our garage and prepare for a yard sale – also slipped from February. Spring planting in the garden.
- Education. Spend more time outside and playing games, less time on computer for Smarty.
- Special trips. None planned for March at the moment – “maybe” a weekend in the snow.
- Learning. Attend a retreat for Multicultural Kid Bloggers (today!)
- Blogging. Organize a Pi Day blog hop to celebrate geometry on March 14. If you are interested, drop me your email in the comments section.
What are some of your March goals?