Last Week on Planet Smarty PantsWe didn’t do a lot of structured activities last week trying to take advantage of our great weather instead. But here is a preview of one summer science and engineering activity that we managed to do – protect the egg. I will be sharing it tomorrow in TinkerLab April Challenge.
Featured Posts from Last WeekThis week I am featuring spring math and science ideas from the last week:
1. There’s Just One Mommy shares a simple way to use egg carton for math facts – an activity that can be adopted for various skill levels.
2. Lemon Lime Adventures has terrific science posts where she consistently teaches her kids to apply science methods while experimenting and having fun. Here is her take on a classic Peeps science (aka Peeps in a microwave).
3. Sudoku is a fun logic game, and Gift of Curiosity shares free Sudoku printable with Easter shapes that allows introducing Sudoku to the younger children who don’t quite “get” number-based Sudoku yet.
4. Science Sparks put together a great round up of science activities for spring. I am especially intrigued by this wormery project.
5. A couple of weeks ago I wrote about hands-on logic problems for young children and how I set up a classic logic problem with Easter eggs.
6. Finally, The Educators’ Spin On It offers to experience the birth of new life by hatching chicks in the classroom or at home. I remember doing it once in my childhood and how thrilled I was watching chicks to hatch. I wish our school hatched chicks as well!
2014 After School Link Up HostsThe Educators' Spin On It
Share Your After School WeekWe would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (Ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, home school or on the weekend!
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks! Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community. I am also linking my post to my favorite kid blogger link ups and share days.