Science in Our House
My daughter is visiting Germany with her father, so we didn’t get to do much for science this month except reading some good books from our home library. You can check out our recommendations of Books with Science Experiments for Elementary School.
Science Experiments from After School Link UpOur After School Participants and bloggers sharing their posts during my STEM Tuesdays on Facebook were busy this month! Here are some of the great ideas that were shared:
1. If it’s still cold where you are, you can try these beautiful Color Mixing Icicles from Life With Moore Babies
2. Nerdy Science shared on my FB STEM Tuesday an interesting experiment on comparing properties of balloons with different gases.
3. Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood shares a terrific set of experiments on Newton’s Laws of Motion – so simple and so fun!
4. Lemon Lime Adventures has a great experiment on viscosity of different liquids that can be easily found in your cupboard:
5. A Mom with a Lesson Plan lives in a place where it doesn’t snow, just like we do, so her experiment is about rain and how rain affects different materials. It takes very little to set up and can lead to a lot of discussions on different subjects.
6. Dr Seuss birthday is approaching, so we will definitely see a lot of oobleck experiments crossing our feeds. I enjoyed this variation from Life Lesson Plans where scents, colors and water beads were added to good old oobleck to turn it into an Oobleck Smoothie Shop – very clever!
More Science Experiments?
- Think Like a Scientist – Separate Two Materials
- Think Like a Scientist – Explore an Unknown Material
- Consider following my science board for “big kids” or my preschool science board.
2014 After School Link Up HostsThe Educators' Spin On It
Share Your After School WeekWe would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (Ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, home school or on the weekend!
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks! In the next round up I plan to be featuring St Patrick’s Day ideas. Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.