Chinese New Year Book RecommendationsValerie and Mia chose a great time to celebrate multicultural children’s books. We are celebrating Black History Month in US and Canada, and millions of people around the world are gearing up to bring in the Year of the Horse on January 31, 2014. Our After School Link Up participants came out in mass to share printables, activities, and, of course, books about Chinese New Year. Let me feature some of my favorites:
1. My co-host Erica from What Do We Do All Day wrote one of her wonderful book lists entirely devoted to Chinese Folk Tales
2. Gift of Curiosity has a round up of Chinese New Year picture books
3. Pragmatic Mom has a specific book recommendation for The Year of the Horse, and she also shares many great resources from her archives on how to teach kids more about Chinese culture.
4. Miss Panda Chinese is a blog dedicated to teaching children Mandarin Chinese. She is also sharing book suggestions to introduce children to Chinese New Year and Chinese culture.
5. Pre-K Pages pulled books and activities for kids age preK-1st grade into a terrific post on Celebrating Chinese New Year.
More Chinese New Year Ideas from After School Link Up
- 1. My co-host The Little Wonders’ Days shares her ways to celebrate Chinese New Year with kids through cooking and books.
- 2. You can find great coloring pages, including Chinese phrases, on Miss Panda Chinese
- 3. Royal Baloo and Learn and Grow Designs have free printables for preK-1st grade students.
- 4. Pink Stripey Socks has New Year dragon paper crafts.
- 5. KC Edventures has a variety of ideas – crafts, books, and online games.