After School Link Up Is On Vacation!It’s vacation time in schools for many countries around the world, and we are on vacation as well. We will come back with the link up on Monday, January 6 and continue to share fun and educational afterschool activities for kids 5+. In the meantime our team of After school hosts brings you our own top posts of 2013
Best Posts About Writing With Kids From Your Hosts1. Anna from The Measured Mom shares great tips about getting kids to love writing.
2. Becky from This Reading Mama and Anna from The Measured Mom partnered together to bring you a fantastic series of simple writing lessons for primary grades.
3. Erica from What Do We Do All Day suggests ways to practice handwriting by writing fun cards, not worksheets.
4. Natalie from Afterschool for Smarty Pants (that’s me!) is also dealing with a reluctant second grade writer who is improving significantly this year. We are journaling through Advent together in our DIY Advent Journal.
5. MaryAnne from Mama Smiles: Joyful Parenting shared her children’s journals. Even her preschool daughter Lily is happy to have her own journal to write.
6. I remember worrying about letter reversals when my daughter was younger. Then I saw questions on letter and number reversals so many times in elementary school communities. Stephanie from Boy Mama Teacher Mama shares her personal story and offers games for letter reversals.
7. Megan from Coffee Cups and Crayons has another game for young writers – Find and Write Letter Scavenger Hunt.
8. I might have a reluctant writer, but Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational has the reluctant writer. She shared a humorous story with a great printable on how she got him to write – Reluctant Writer’s Story in Four Days.
9. Kim and Amanda from The Educators’ Spin On It use their own teaching experience and samples from their children’s writing to show worried parents out there what kindergarten writing looks like.
10. Kelly from Little Wonders’ Days teaches writing through games. She set up a wonderful post office station at home.
- After School Collaborative Pinterest Board
- Google+ After School Enrichment Community
- Writing Pinterest board from Natalie @Afterschool for Smarty Pants