How Did The Week Go?
It was a “normal” week of school and afterschool for us:
- 1. A bit of writing practice with “thank you” notes. We also had fun with our "Gratitude Game”.
- 2 and 4. Getting some exercise and enjoying nature.
- 3 – Practicing her cooking skills.
- 5 – Finding time for pretend play and playing a vet.
What My Second Grader Is ReadingDisclosure: I am an Amazon Affiliate, and this Amazon widget contains affiliate links.
Smarty found a new series she is enjoying – Vet Volunteers by Laurie Halse Anderson. Last time she grabbed all 15 books from the bookshelves in the library, and she already read two of them.
Featured Posts From the Last WeekThere were many wonderful posts linked last week, but I would like to make a gentle reminder that this linky is targeted for activities with kids age 5+. Your hosts are working hard to visit and comment on each post, please respect their efforts and link only posts that fit the purpose of this blog hop.
That said, there were several posts that touched me in different ways, and they are featured here.
1. When I saw a Christmas post in this early November linky, my first reaction was to skip it, but I am so glad I didn’t. Jill from Enchanted Homeschooling shares a wonderful tradition of Christmas Book Tree and Activity Countdown, but this activity requires quite a lot of prep. I am now thinking of how to modify it to work for our family.
2. I tend to get on with service projects too close to Thanksgiving, and some of the organizations have deadlines that need to be met. Alisha from Makeovers & Motherhood shares kid-friendly service projects she is doing with her three boys and gives practical suggestions about other ways to serve others.
3. ‘Tis the season to be stressed. It’s so easy for us to feel that we are not good enough, especially if we compare ourselves to picture-perfect life of our friends and acquaintances on Facebook or Pinterest. Rediscovered Families gives us a gentle reminder that in our children eyes’ we are great.
2013 Afterschool Party Hosts
Share Your Afterschool WeekWhen linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or Feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks!
Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.