September in Review
September was a good month. We all stayed healthy and spent a lot of time outside. We found our groove with very busy weeks and more relaxed weekends. I felt that we managed to keep balance between what our daughter wanted to do and what we wanted to teach her. I still don’t ride a bike, but I’ve been practicing, and I think I am close, and I completed my first knitting project – it was supposed to be a doll blanket, but Smarty appropriated it as her own – she loves textured blankets.
- To go – Ren Faire, hiking, Felton railroad
- To cook – a Korean dish for Around the World in 12 Dishes, Halloween treats
- To read – Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne and Lisa M. Ross
- To make – first Christmas presents
- To celebrate – Smarty’s birthday, Halloween
- To learn – Columbus, lifecycles (a school theme), Korea, camera settings
- Afterschool activities – theater, stop motion animation, gymnastics
Your turn: What are some of your family goals for October?