How Did the Week Go?
This week Smarty’s class had a trip to The Natural Bridges State Beach famous as a wintering place for monarch butterflies. Second graders learned a lot about monarch butterflies and other insects before and during the trip, but the highlight of the trip was certainly beach time and a chance to bury each other in sand. Their painted lady butterflies in the classroom hatched just in time too, and the kids had a chance to explain to me on Friday the difference between painted ladies and monarchs – they look pretty much the same to me!
What My Child Is Reading
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate and this post contains affiliate links. Most of the books came either from our city public library or from school library.
Hostess Round Up From Our Previous Week
There were so many fantastic posts linked last week. I chose to focus on the posts with activities that we find hard to fit during our busy weeks – Art, Science, Cooking, and PE
- 1. Natural leaf collages from The Reading Mama
- 2. Leaf art with oil pastels from Little Wonders’ Days
- 3. Science with candy from Gift of Curiosity
- 4. Stained glass Jack-o-lantern cookies from Homegrown Friends
- 5. Fine and gross motor skills with spider webs from The Inspired Tree House
- 6. Fall leaves art with a tutorial and a giveaway from Waddlee-ah-chaa
- 7. Exploring shadow paintings from 3 Dinosaurs
- 8. Making a sewing kit from Crystal Tiny Treasures
2013 Afterschool Party Hosts
Share Your Afterschool Week
When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or Feature on our After School Party in the upcoming weeks!
Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.