In our lives: On Monday we said Poka to grandparents and flew uneventfully back to California. Even though we enjoyed our vacation, we were all happy to be back home and sleep in our own beds one more. My husband had another week to spend at home, and I went back to work to Anna’s great displeasure. At least she got to spend the last week of school vacation doing more or less whatever she pleased.
Summer learning. We didn’t push Anna this week – and she spent a little more time with her toys and less time with books than she usually does. She also begged us to play board games every evening. She loves Settlers of Catan card game and contemplates an idea of developing a game that would be like Settlers of Catan, but it will be called Saviors of the World and it will have heroes and monsters and battles. Unfortunately, she is not very open to our suggestions of possible game design, so I am curious to see if she ever progresses beyond this “early concept” phase.
Random moments of the week:
- 1. Anna’s art journal was getting a little more love this week.
- 2. She spent a lot of time playing with her Hot Wheels track and making contests between her cars.
- 3. She loves to help me bake. This chocolate cake recipe turned out well!
- 4. Some time outside – and spending her own money to choose icecream from an icecream truck. Apparently, it’s much tastier than icecream at home.
- 5. Making “glow in the dark” chalk – it looked really pretty in the evening!
- 6. Making the most from the last days of summer.
How was your week?