In our lives… This week Anna felt much better and enjoyed her swim classes more. She still spent most of her time reading and, in her own words, she is trying to replace a scary book in my mind with good and fun books. Right now she is reading through Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. She is asking a lot more questions, which is also a good sign of her returning back to normal – this week we talked about Big Bang, how metal was invented, movie making, brick making, etc.
Summer learning. We are running out of things I planned for China, but I think we’ll stick with China for another week before going on our official vacation. This week we learned a lot more about The Great Wall of China through watching a documentary about it and building it with clay. Watching a movie also gave Anna an idea to make her own movie with Legos during a playdate called Fire at the Great Wall! – it was hilarious to watch her and her friend’s first attempt at movie making!
Random moments of the week:
- 1 – Making Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 – Us being goofy together
- 3 – Anna made herself “a reading nook” in the kitchen
- 4 – Her on/off relationship with Lego is currently back to “on” with a lot of building going on
- 5 – We all scream for ice cream
- 6 – Chess, which she loves to play but hates to lose