In our lives… Happy New Year! Unfortunately, I was quite sick for celebrations and was struggling with a nasty cold for the rest of the week. I am finally beginning to feel better now, but now Anna is coughing, and I can only hope that she won’t have it as bad as I did. There were several nights when I couldn’t sleep because of non-stop hacking. In positive news, my medicine is working – I got very encouraging test results, and I am hopeful that I will be done with the treatment by mid year.
What’s new? Anna is finally riding her bike! It was funny that her confidence increased dramatically after a random meeting in a park with another father who recommended using a long scarf as a sort of a “seat belt” to support her in the first tries. It took only a couple of days for her to master taking off and stopping on her own, and she couldn’t be more proud of herself.
Afterschool. Sadly, we didn’t get to do much during Anna’s 2 week school break because I was sick most of the time. We played a lot of board games though, and Anna is getting a good hang of Monopoly and Scrabble. Yesterday we celebrated a National Bird Day by going on a bird watching walk around our neighborhood. I plan to write a separate post about it later this week.
Quote of the week:
- Anna: We watched Brave in Y today?
- Me: Oh. How did you like the movie?
- Anna: I didn’t like it at all. It was way too scary. The witch scared me to half death. In fact, I cannot get that pesky witch out of my mind even when I hit my head with something.
- Me: But the witch was supposed to be funny! And the movie ends well, right?
- Anna: It was not funny to me! And I suppose the movie ends well, but I moved from my place to the teacher’s lap and kept thinking about that witch.