This morning Anna jumped out of her bed like a rocket, got dressed and ran downstairs all excited about her first day of school. She is overjoyed to have the same teacher as last year, and she will be in K-1 class again together with four more friends from her K year. The class is a little bigger this year (16 first graders and 11 kindergarteners), but they have a bigger room, and also Kinders leave at noon giving first graders an hour or so in a smaller team.
Here is a mini-interview with Anna – I asked her questions during the last couple of days to capture her thoughts about starting the next school year:
- What are you looking forward to? Everything and buying my own lunch! I love everything about school. I think summer vacation is too long. I would like it to be 4 weeks and 1 day. I really want to see all my friends and Mrs J again.
- What is your favorite thing to do in school? Everything… No, wait, iPads!
- What are you strongest at? (Giggles): Reading, of course!
- What are you weakest at? (Sighs): Writing.
- What do you think you will learn this year? I don’t know… Maybe more about dinosaurs?
- Who is your best friend? Alex! I am glad we are in the same class again.
- Do you think you are going to enjoy this year? Yes! I can’t wait! It’s my new favorite place to be.