April was a busy month for me at work, which took its toll at home. Daughter has been swinging wildly between cooperative and whiny. She seems to be in a desperate need of a reliable playmate. Unfortunately, all her closest friends are boys, and we are entering the age where boys really like wild games involving taking prisoners, shooting enemies and so on. Anna is not into these games, and some playdates ended with her coming home vowing never to go outside again. I think I need to make more effort in May to find her some new friends. Now, let’s see how we did on goals for April:
- Time Outside deserves an A. We spent a lot of time outside this month since the weather was good most of the time. We took some of our art projects outside, but Anna’s favorite things to do is to play tag or blow bubbles.
- Health and Exercise – B-. I hurt my back early in the month again, so I am trying to take it easy with my Pilates program. We walk a lot, so this counts as exercise. I hope my husband shakes off the cold that daughter generously shared with him, and we will have more energy for joint activities too.
- Organization – C-. Ouch, we are behind in our plan here. We did a couple of very small projects, but lacked energy to tackle anything big.
- Traditions – B-. Well, we definitely played more this month, but I felt that the more we play the more daughter expects me to be always available to her. Even though I enjoy our time together, sometimes I also need some time to catch up with work or with home duties. And we still don’t have a family game night.
- April-specific plans. I did fairly well except the part about starting our backyard remodel. That one slipped to May. Overall I give myself a solid B on month-specific goals. So now on to May:
- 1. Backyard remodel yet again.
- 2. Field trip (we went to SF zoo in April).
- 3. Sailing trip with our friends.
- 4. Dentist appointment