We had a good September. It ends with record temperatures – the heat makes us feel like summer is here to stay for a while longer. Luckily, we now have an A/C that is actually cooling down our house instead of just sounding like an airplane ready to take off. Even with minor fixes that still remain, I consider this September goal accomplished.
Anna had a good time at grandparents’ place. 18 days, however, was about one week too long, and she was very happy to be back home. My husband enjoyed his visit home to Germany and seeing his friends and family.
I used the time to reorganize the house and to read. I went out with my friends to see two movies (the movies could have been better though). Overall, I feel relaxed and refreshed with this mini-vacation from family, and I have a lot more plans for October.
- 1. October is Anna’s birthday month – so it means a birthday party and celebrations with adult family friends. I am too “chicken” to have kid’s birthday party at home, and she was asking since her last birthday to have it at Pump-It-Up, so Pump-It-Up it is.
- 2. We plan to entertain friends – some old, some new, and enjoy the last of our grilling season.
- 3. I want to try and make some sort of Halloween treats this year – I don’t bake often, so it will be a new adventure.
- 4. We plan for at least one “field trip” – either to pick apples or to go to a pumpkin patch. Come to think of it, if this heat continues, maybe it will be a beach trip instead.
- 5. Our big family project for October is to turn our garage from a crazy storage room into what it’s supposed to be (at least for one car). I sold/donated/threw out some of the things we had, but it was just “scratching the surface”. I would like to celebrate the second anniversary of our home ownership by finally unpacking all the boxes from our move.
Share your October goals with Monthly goals at Mama Smiles.