December is upon us – my favorite time of the year. I love Thanksgiving and winter holidays (that also includes my own December birthday :)). I am very grateful that I didn’t have to travel as many of my work colleagues this week. They headed out to the big customer event in Barcelona. I would love to visit Barcelona but not in the first week of December. As most of my readers know, we are a very secular family, but in December we celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas. To me these holidays are not about religion but about our heritage and new traditions that we are establishing as a family. It’s time to get together with friends and to give to others. I think I accomplished one goal of November just in time to enjoy my holidays even more. I reduced my online time by reducing the frequency of my blogging and reducing the number of blogs I read and comment on. I am enjoying my unstructured time with Anna and I enjoy seeing more spontaneous creativity on her part. Our Thanksgiving was very quiet this year, but I still insisted on making turkey – my first one in the last 10 years. I do hope that next year my parents will visit us again, and I can give turkey making back to my mom. I missed them this year!
My goals for December:
- 1. Enjoy the season – slow down and stay in the present.
- 2. Donate unused clothes and toys to the shelter drive.
- 3. Participate in “Giving Tree” at work
- 4. Contribute to the charities of our choices – NPR and Unicef.
- 5. Bake something every week – I will worry about exercise in January :)
- 6. Learn some Christmas songs with Anna – any good suggestions for songs that young children can actually sing? (yes, we listen to religious carols too).
Enjoy your holiday season and share your plans at Mama Smiles.