Anna loves Richard Scarry books and A Day at the Police Station was one of her favorites last week. Then on the way to the airport we had the following conversation while waiting in traffic:
- Anna: Maybe I will become a policeman when I grow up. I will take care of traffic jams and cars.
- Me: It’s an important job. But it can also be dangerous. Policemen deal with people who don’t follow rules.
- Anna: Oh, don’t worry, mama, I will stand on the sidewalk, of course. And I will build myself a motorcycle.
- Husband: Out of what?
- Anna: Out of sticks and straw and leaves and mud. Sticks for the handles, and straw for the saddle….. Oh, and it won’t have an engine, so it will be rather a bike.
- Husband: And the wheels?
- Anna (after a pause): Hmm… Wheels are tricky… Maybe I will just buy wheels.
Come and share your kids’ pearls of wisdom at Tiny Talk Tuesday hosted by Not Before 7.