We had a good August, but I didn’t do as well on my goals as I hoped. I didn’t lose any weight (at least I didn’t gain any!), and we still didn’t start our landscaping project – ugh! But we enjoyed our staycation, we spent time in the pool and overall had a wonderful summer that seems to just have flown by so quickly.
September will be a very different month for us. For the first time ever we will be in three different places for the better part of the month. Anna will be visiting her grandparents in New Jersey while my husband visits his family in Germany. While they are gone, I do have a few plans of my own (of course, I will also work as usual, and maybe even put in a few extra hours :)):
- 1. Instead of doing our landscaping project, we decided to take advantage of being between season and upgrade our A/C and heater. We plan to have all organization done this week and next week, and then the job will be completed by the time the family comes back.
- 2. Bringing our 2010 photo album up to date. It’s going to be quite a task considering that we haven’t even started on it yet.
- 3. Losing those 2 pounds I didn’t lose in August. Not having to eat kid leftovers in addition to my own meals should help.
- 4. Cleaning as much of our garage as I can while my husband is gone. There are certain things where our views of whether to keep or toss them differ. I am a minimalist, my husband is a hoarder. Guess, who is going to win now?
- 5. Seeing a movie (or two, or three), reading a couple of books, going out with friends and looking forward to having my family back.
Come over and share your goals at Mama Smiles.