I love writing down my goals for every month on my blog. It does help to keep them “on front burner” of my mind and allows me make decisions on how I want to spend my “free” time. Here is an interesting article on why it’s important not just to set goals, but also to write them down.
Looking back at my July goals, I did rather well. The only one that didn’t progress was our landscaping project – the only goal that required a lot of input and “buy-in” from my husband :) July was really a great month, especially after a chaotic and sickness-laden June. I am hoping to enjoy another summer month in August, but here are my goals for this month:
- 1. Landscaping project is still on, and I hope that we will get it going now.
- 2. Organize a 3-day vacation while Anna’s school is out. We haven’t decided yet whether it’s going to be “a staycation” or a hotel stay – it depends on the prices.
- 3. Decide on Anna’s fall extracurricular activities, attend test classes if available and sing her up. We want to add one class, but we haven’t decided yet what it will be. She is lobbying for dancing.
- 4. Enjoy our community pool as much as we can.
- 5. Bake or cook with Anna every week.
- 6. Lose 2 pounds (I am starting at 126 lbs, and I want to be 120 lbs by Christmas).
I am linking up to Monthly Goals at Mama Smiles. What are your goals for August?