Anna is 3 years 8 months old
- Me: Have you taken a nap today?
- Anna: Yes, I slept a tiny teeny bit… I slept 4 pm hours.
- Me: I think you didn’t sleep at all.
- Anna: Yes, that’s about right.
- Anna (wailing entering the garage and seeing the trash basket): Why did you throw out my princess balloon??? I loved it!
- Me: It lost almost all its air! And you never asked me where it went. How much exactly did you love it?
- Anna: I loved it one hundred loves!
Anna (reading the note attached to the dish we took to a 4th of July party): Ooh, it says “German noodle salad!” German is good! Papa must have put a lot of sugar in it!
- Me (kissing Anna good night): I love you, little daughter.
- Anna (sleepily): I love you too, medium-sized mother.