- Anna: Mama, I am getting married.
- Me: Great, who are you marrying?
- Anna: Umm… Now I am marrying Tootle (her train), and when I am 14 I’ll marry a real boy.
The scene: Eating shrimp.
Anna (thoughtfully): You know, shrimp has two natural enemies – whales and humans.
The scene: Preparing to go outside.
Anna: I am not pink enough. I am only half pink. I want to be all pink.
The scene: Family walk:
- Me (to husband): Can you imagine that next year she will be in kindergarten?
- Anna: And when I am older, I want to be in church.
- Husband: Where?
- Anna (loudly): Church! I want to learn more about God!
- Me: Who gave you this idea?
- Anna: Nobody. Just the computer in my brain.