Hello and welcome to my virtual home. I am Natalie, a modified American name of my Russian name Natalya, and I am excited to participate in my first Ultimate Blog Party at 5 Minutes for Mom. So here are a few facts about me:
1. I was born and raised in the former Soviet Union. I came to US when I was 24 as a refugee with about $200 in my pocket.
2. 17 years passed since then (yes, I am that old). Now I am working full time for one of the biggest technology companies on Earth (yes, you all know its name, but I am not telling) and earn 6 figures salary.
3. I usually write my blog at 5 am in the morning – can’t you say I am addicted?
4. My husband and I are together for 7 years, married for 3. Our daughter Anna is an only child by choice. She is now 3.5 years old.
5. Three languages are spoken in our household – my husband is from Germany. Daughter, however, stubbornly speaks English only.
6. I am utterly not crafty and also tone-deaf. I hope that daughter inherits my husband’s talents – he is a creative part of our union. Usually I think of something, and he makes it happen.
7. I love books and am delighted to discover the world of English-language kid literature with my daughter. I host What My Child Is Reading linky every Saturday – come and join it.
8. I traveled a lot for work and visited most of Europe. My dream is to travel the world with my daughter one day.
9. I admire my husband who put his career on hold to stay home with our daughter. He is a very special person and one of the most talented and smart people I know (and I’ve seen a lot of them).
10. On this blog I write about my daughter and her journey through childhood – about our discoveries, our struggles and our joys.
Now, I am off to check other blogs. The prizes are awesome, but Amazon certificates would be best – we do most of our online shopping there.