1. Laryngitis stinks – Anna lost her voice almost completely. She also doesn’t understand the concept of “resting her voice” and gets frustrated when we cannot understand what she is saying.
2. Our crib girl is definitely ready for a big bed – she slept in one here, but my husband was really inventive in how to make it look more like a crib.
3. A jet lag of three hours is by far not as bad as nine hours. Anna switched in two days. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the family.
4. New Jersey is crazy HOT! My husband and I gave up our idea to go to New York City once we looked at the thermometer and then breathed this humid air. Thanks God for air conditioners, and so much for my plans to take Anna to see New York. New York week is getting urgently replaced by… umm… “hanging around with grandparents at the pool” week.
5. I learned that I won a “Teaching Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons” book at my friend Susana’s blog Our Homeschool Fun. I am very excited. I was looking at this book for a long time, but I wasn’t sure that I want to spend the money to try it out. Now I am very curious to see if this method will work for us. Of course, I will be blogging about it.
6. I realized how badly I needed a vacation! I love my daughter, but it’s so nice to let my parents entertain and educate her for a little bit, while I take time to read, relax and recharge my batteries for inevitable return to a corporate world.