I have decided to join my online friend Susana at Homeschooling Fun at her new carnival – Simply Made Sunday. As a full time working mom, I am all about simple, and I am looking forward to learning about new recipes and fun food. I admit that I don’t cook every day. Sometimes my husband cooks, sometimes we eat simple salads or bread and meat cuts for dinner. I started to enjoy cooking more recently, because Anna is either willing to help/watch or quite content to play with something in our eat-in kitchen. I only wish she played half as well independently when I want to browse through a magazine or look at my Google reader :) This picture is of my favorite crock pot meal that I usually make once a week, especially if we expect guests in the house. Here is the recipe:
- Coat 3 lbs of beef cubes (I usually cut them smaller) with 1 cup of flour, 1 Tbs of salt and 1 tsp of pepper
- Mince half of a medium onion, 3 gloves of garlic and 4 celery sticks
- Cube 4 small red potatoes, peeled
- Add 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of beef broth and 2 Tbs of red wine (you can replace of water)
- Mix everything together and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on slow.
Makes about 8 portions, we usually eat it with rice or noodles.