I am collecting materials in the following areas (doesn't mean that I am going to hit all of them in a week, but I'd rather have more than not enough):
- Books to read
- Online puzzles/games
- Art projects (i.e. coloring pages)
- Crafts projects (for example, Styrofoam airplane template)
- Science projects - not for every week, but during airplane week it will be predicting what will fly and discussing in very simple terms why
- Cook Together - I found a fun recipe of a cucumber airplane
- Field trips (we will fly to NJ close to the end of our airplane week)
- Independent reading - we will just continue with Progressive Phonics for now
- Writing - connect ABC templates, tracing of an object that is related to a theme of a week
- Math - pattern blocks, counting and/or measuring "objects of the week"
- Social Studies/Culture (for example, a little bit about history of America when we go see the Statue of Liberty)
- Virtues (Patience, Sharing, etc.)
Stay tuned as we pilot the program in August :) If you have any suggestions on our "not quite curriculum", please let me know in the comments section.